The Best Bird Flu Humor on the Internet – A Top Ten List
Bird flu jokes are all over the internet. Here are my favorites, compiled in the form of a Top Ten list.
9. U.S. PLANS TO MAKE BIRDS OBESE: Would Slow the Spread of Avian Flu, President Asserts. An article in the Borowitz Report.
8. The Bird Flu Shop is a commercial enterprise marketing T-shirts, mugs, calendars, greeting cards, etc, bearing dozens of different bird flu slogans. Most are pretty lame, in my opinion, but several are gently comical: “Lunch Special – Pandemic Chicken.”
6. I think you might have to be British to understand this “Yobs” cartoon strip from Private Eye magazine.
5. Top Ten Signs You've Purchased a Fake Flu Shot from David Letterman. “No. 10: The doctor looks a lot like the guy who hooked up your illegal cable box.”
4. “Today, President Bush outlined the U.S. government’s plan to fight a bird flu outbreak. Apparently the plan is to attack the flu over there in Iraq, before it attacks us here.” Compilations of Jay Leno monologues, including some good bird flu jokes, are here and here.
3. Bush Orders Mass Bald Eagle Slaughter to Stop Spread of Bird Flu – a report in The Onion. Also from The Onion: Nation’s Leading Alarmists Excited about Bird Flu and KFC Introduces New Bird-Flu Dipping Vaccine.
2. Top Ten Dumb Guy Tips for Avoiding the Bird Flu from Letterman. “No. 9: Don't lick unfamiliar pigeons.”
1. The Daily Show has several great reports available online in streaming video. There’s senior epidemiologist Samantha Bee’s Flu Fever. And don't miss Rob Corddry's hilarious HealthScare: Avian Flu - the funniest piece of bird flu humor on the internet.
November 17th, 2005